Hi Markus,

On Thursday, 2012-06-21 20:16:24 +0200, Markus Mohrhard wrote:

Looks like a good workaround for the release branch but personally I'm
not happy with this patch for master.

Well, yes and no. At least it fixes the crash.

It very much looks like another bug fix that just hides the problem
instead of fixing the underlying problem. I see no reason why we could
not use the old stream if we able change tracking and the stream is
not marked invalid. Every bug that prevents that very much looks like
a problem that should be fixed and not another ugly workaround added
to hide it.

But yes, the real cause is modification of a table's stream during
replay of the change tracking. I think we could get rid of formula
expressions to be recalculated if we maintain the formula result in
change tracking, that originally wasn't implemented because it wasn't
necessary as rejecting a change always recalculates the result anyway,
but ODF made storing the result mandatory. With the newer
ScFormulaResult that should be possible quite easy. I think we'd also
need to internally manage numeric values of value cells differently.
_Maybe_ we then could even get rid of (that part of?) the replay
altogether.

Anyway pushed to 3-5 with my sign-off. If you want it in 3-5-5 you
need to write a new mail with correct subject and 2 more sign-offs.
Please also use REVIEW-3-5 in the future.

Count my review in, so one more needed for 3-5-5

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD