On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 17:55 +0100, Jonathan Adams wrote:
I have an issue with compiling tail_build on certain
modules because they redefine the LD)LIBRARY_PATH:

S=/home/sal/LibreOffice/libo && O=$S/solver/unxsogi &&
W=$S/workdir/unxsogi &&  LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$O/lib"

can anyone tell me where this is defined in the source code

Well, grepping for LD_LIBRARY_PATH in solenv/gbuild gives...
gb_Helper_LIBRARY_PATH_VAR := LD_LIBRARY_PATH among other things and
grepping for gb_Helper_set_ld_path gives...
gb_Helper_set_ld_path :=
$(gb_Helper_LIBRARY_PATH_VAR)="$(OUTDIR_FOR_BUILD)/lib" among other
things so that's probably where its coming from, that
gb_Helper_set_ld_path thing.

But if you're building with a "system" icu, hopefully configuring with
--with-system-icu with /opt/your/system/icu/bin in the path would
*hopefully* set enough magic smoke to make it work, but I guess its
quite possible that noone jumped through all the hoops to make it work
out of the box for non-standard install locations of a system icu.

Maybe just setting a LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/your/system/icu/lib before a
configure --with-system-icu or some such might be sufficient.

C.