Hi Benjamin,

Benjamin Drung píše v Pá 08. 06. 2012 v 01:18 +0200:

here's a patch to fix bug fdo#35365. Please also apply the patch in the
3.5 and 3.6 branch.

The underlying bug fdo#50861 is only partially fixed by this patch. At
least two solutions comes to my mind for a full fix:
1) Store the default colors in the document.
2) Hardcode the default colors.

What do you think? What's the right approach to fix fdo#50861?

Thank you very much for the patch!  Unfortunately, I am afraid this
breaks the way we are handling the hicontrast theme that is supposed to
target visually impaired people - we use dark background and white text
in the hicontrast case (which wouldn't be the case any more with this
patch).

Adding the UX advise people what they think - I have no experience with
accessibility, so cannot say what is right in this area.  If they agree
that we should let the hicontrast behavior as it is, I'd prefer:

         case DOCCOLOR :
-            aRet = Application::GetSettings().GetStyleSettings().GetWindowColor();
+            aRet = Application::GetSettings().GetStyleSettings().GetHighContrastMode()? COL_BLACK:
COL_WHITE;
             break;

and similarly for FONTCOLOR - how does that sound to you?

BTW, this all color setting thing requires a cleanup - why should we
have the baroque StyleSettings class, and on top of that this
ColorConfig approach to colors?  Are you interested in cleaning up /
consolidating the approach to colors as a follow-up? ;-)

My current and all future contributions to LibreOffice, unless
stated otherwise, are licensed under LGPLv3+/MPL until further notice.

If you can send it as a separate mail, ideally with a subject like
"License statement", that would be most appreciated, so that we can
clearly link that from the page where we collect the statements.

Thank you a lot,
Kendy