On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 03:36:54PM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
Hi David,

On Fri, 2012-05-25 at 13:28 +0200, David Tardon wrote:
There is experimental branch feature/tail_build that adds 19 more, but
it requires a change to build.pl, so I do not intend to push it into 3.6.
Of course, if people who actually know something about the build.pl
script look at commit 726ac115a981567b3f41613d0e0163bd010e6b17 and tell
me that I am not a total idiot, or even that it might work at the right
phase of moon, I can be convinced otherwise :-)

      I had the misfortune to hack on build.pl before :-) and your patch
looks reasonable to me. I'd love to have it in for 3.6 ... I didn't
checkout the branch and/or I couldn't make the make command that dumps
the deps work but I assume the parsing logic is fine. We may have some
explicit \r\n removal nonsense on windows (chomp has never worked well
for me there for some - prolly cygwin related reason) - but lets see.

Let's hope the branch is going to get some testing on Windows, then.

-    my $modcount = %modules;

     return %modules;

      seems redundant in get_tail_build_modules.

Right, it is a forgotten remnant of a debug print. There is also a print
in filter_tail_build_dependencies that I plan to remove before merging
the branch on master.

D.