Hi everyone,

But you need to test the loader in sfx2, if it recognizes fodp (for Impress).
Another question, if fodp can be used as a template, i.e. it should
not be directly opened but a new document should be created with its
settings.

I'm not a coder, so I would need help here. However, I did a search for 'ott' and the only relevant file in sfx2 seems to be this: http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sfx2/source/doc/docvor.cxx, is that correct?

BTW: I really like the initiative. We really need more templates. I am
just curious. How is the commit related to
http://templates.libreoffice.org/template-center ?
Are you going to select few high quality templates that should be
distributed with LO by default? How many such templates do you expect in
the long term?

I created some templates which you can find on that Wiki page: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Call_for_Templates#Submissions. I uploaded some of them to templates.libreoffice.org/template-center and we're looking for more people willing to design some more. I tried to contact several contributors who uploaded nice templates to the template center, but got no answer so far.
The design team will then decide/vote which ones meet our expectations.
Regarding the number of templates: I didn't think about that yet, but 10 for each application seems reasonable. Maybe more later on.

Kind regards

Alex