Hi Stephan,

Stephan Bergmann píše v Pá 27. 04. 2012 v 15:13 +0200:

I have added a comment so it doesn't happen again:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=34fe1bed19e4cf66500d7e7817eb251c42f8f439

#ifdef WNT / #endif would be better

Would it really be better?  With our huge configuration matrix, I guess
there will always be functions left unused for some specific
configurations.  #ifdef'ing up the code to avoid that in general would
IMO not make the code better, but worse (by cluttering it with #ifdefs).

If a class has some generally-useful--looking member functions that
happen to only be used with certain configurations, I see nothing bad
with leaving them in unconditionally.  (Note, I have no idea whether the
given FontSelectPattern ctor qualifies.)

While I generally agree with you, it happens soooo often that something
needed on Windows is removed during the unusedcode.easy cleanup pushing,
that I'd really prefer the #ifdef for the Windows case - so that it
disappears from the unusedcode.easy.  Comments like "// NOTE: this is
important because XY" tend to bitrot over time [just recently I removed
a comment that was referring to something that was gone long ago].

But whatever - I don't think it is necessary to bikeshed over this :-)

All the best,
Kendy