On 23/04/12 09:49, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
On 04/22/2012 10:51 PM, David Ostrovsky wrote:
your patch was still not pushed.

So we have two options here:
1. push your patch (I attached it with description ;-)
2. use make interactive variable LDFLAGS, a lá make
LDFLAGS='-Wl,--no-as-needed' check

Any ideas on this?

I still do not see why we need the two different libraries at all,
smoketest (from smoketest/Library_smoketest.mk) and smoketest_test (from
smoketest/CppunitTest_smoketest.mk), both containing the exact same
CppUnit test code.

me neither, but i guess shipping the thing produced by CppunitTest
currently doesn't work because the RPATH is wrong, and furthermore i
don't really get the point of shipping cppunittests anyway.

If we want the feature of
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=8c478c911033243df90ba290b32732a1fd70130e>

"create installation set for tests" and produce the CppUnit test code
library not only for direct consumption in the CppunitTest_*.mk
makefile, but also for inclusion in installation sets, then we should
probably make solenv/gbuild/CppunitTest.mk more flexible, so that
CppUnit test libraries need not necessarily built directly in their
CppunitTest_*.mk.

well i don't think complicating the gbuild core for this rather bizarre
special case is a good idea; if anything i'd first investigate whether
just changing the RPATH for Cppunittests and shipping the
Cppunit_smoketest instead of the ordinary Library_smoketest fixes things
up so everybody is happy?