On Sat, Apr 07, 2012 at 08:32:37AM +1200, Glenn Ramsey <glenn.ramsey@slidespeech.com> wrote:
In order for a system python script to be able to execute lo-python it
needs to know where LO is installed and what platform it is running on. I
hacked up code that does this on Windows by looking in the registry for
soffice.exe, but before I start implementing it for other platforms I
thought I should check that I'm not reinventing the wheel. Does anyone know
of some code that already does this? It doesn't have to be in Python.

See here for a possible solution:

https://github.com/dagwieers/unoconv/blob/master/unoconv#L51