On 26/03/12 17:01, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
On Sat, 2012-03-24 at 23:41 +0100, Bartosz wrote:
Hi

I converted the SV PTRARR to std::deque in sw component.
Could you please check and push this path?
This and later contributions is licensed under MPL 1.1 / GPL v3+ / LGPL v3+.

hi Bartosz,

good to hear from you again; as you can see, in this project you're not
alone in converting SvArrays, so hurry up before the competition cleans
them all up  :)

First off, it's my understanding that the old container took ownership
of the contained elements i.e. when the pointer that points to an
instance is removed from the container it would call delete on that
pointer to delete the object.  So, it's probably wise to double-check
what the old SV_PTRARR container did before pushing this change.  If it
did indeed managed the life cycle of the stored elements, then it's more
appropriate to use boost::ptr_vector or similar (not sure if there was
ptr_deque...).  If it didn't, then, ignore my suggestion. ;-)

that is only true for some of the SvArrays, namely the ones with _DEL at
the end; the plain ones don't take ownership.

Also, changes like the following

-                                    pCurrentTopLeftFrm = static_cast<const SwCellFrm*>( pCell );
+                                    pCurrentTopLeftFrm = static_cast< const SwCellFrm* >( pCell
);

which only adds padding to the static_cast is not necessary.  Padding <>
or () is a personal preference, and we prefer not to change things just
to add or remove padding.

yes that kind of change just annoys reviewers :)

Lastly, it's probably a good idea to try to identify what this code is
used for and try to test this change to make sure it works (doesn't
cause crash etc).  If you've already done that, then it's all good.  If
not, I suggest you try to see how Writer uses this particular code so
that you can exercise this.

always a good idea.

pushed to master:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=2f657dd568ce30ec9132892080c63578e4132908