On 04/02/2012 12:18 PM, Regina Henschel wrote:
I have pulled the source on Friday, so that's included. Is it possible,
that it fails because the old one was a normal build and the new one is
a debug build?

So you have a "LO3.5dev" and a master build sharing a user installation
(what are the respective UserInstallation values in the two
bootstrap.ini?).

No, I only have "LOdev 3.6". "LOdev 3.5" was removed during installation
of "LOdev 3.6". Therefore I have expected that the settings were migrated.

Note the following difference:

If the UserInstallation settings of two installations point to the same directory (after expanding macros like $SYSUSERCONFIG), no user data should be migrated, but the two installations should actually share a single user data instance. registrymodifications.xcu should not shrink in this case. Everything else looks like a bug (and debugging into the desktop/source/app/ code would be necessary to find out more).

IIUC, only if the UserInstallation settings of the two installations point to different directories should migration kick in. And in that case, it is normal and expected that the migrated registrymodifications.xcu in the new installation is substantially smaller than the original one in the old installation (as not all the configuration changes are intended to be migrated).

Stephan

In bootstap.ini is
ProductKey=LOdev 3.6
UserInstallation=$SYSUSERCONFIG/LOdev/3

I cannot look in LOdev 3.5 because it was uninstalled. But LOdev 3.6
uses the same "user"-folder. Other things like Basic macros are retained.

Debug vs. non-debug should not matter. Would be
interesting to know what branch your master build takes in
UserInstall::finalize (desktop/source/app/userinstall.cxx), what
UserInstallStatus it returns, and whether it indeed goes into the
conditional

if (inst_fin == UserInstall::Created)
{
Migration::migrateSettingsIfNecessary();
}

in Desktop::Main (desktop/source/app/app.cxx).