Stephan Bergmann schrieb:
[putting libreoffice@ back on cc, assuming you dropped it inadvertently]

Yes. (I don't like the settings of this mailing list, but it is the tool of the main developers and I need to take it as it is.)

On 04/02/2012 11:23 AM, Regina Henschel wrote:
Stephan Bergmann schrieb:
On 04/02/2012 10:41 AM, Regina Henschel wrote:
Stephan Bergmann schrieb:
On 03/31/2012 02:10 PM, Regina Henschel wrote:
Is it intended that the old registrymodifications.xcu is overwritten?

registrymodifications.xcu typically gets re-written with every run
of LO
(even usually being re-written multiple times during a single run). It
changes whenever data that is stored in the configuration changes
-- be
that "Tools - Options" entries explicitly modified by the user, window
positions/sizes implicitly modified by dragging things around, or ...

It is about the fact, that all existing entries are lost. I had a 947KB
file and after installation of LO3.6 it is 36KB. Even die fields "User
Data" are empty.

On Windows?

Yes, on WinXP.

There was an issue with LO migrating existing user data onto
itself (in which case it would drop most existing content of
registrymodifications.xcu), but that should be fixed on master for a
month now, see
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=76e0d695a41326a5583dbc9702e0ce3b8219b514>

"Move migrateSettingsIfNecessary into create_user_install" and
<http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2012-February/027058.html>

"User installation migrated onto itself."

I have pulled the source on Friday, so that's included. Is it possible,
that it fails because the old one was a normal build and the new one is
a debug build?

So you have a "LO3.5dev" and a master build sharing a user installation
(what are the respective UserInstallation values in the two
bootstrap.ini?).

No, I only have "LOdev 3.6". "LOdev 3.5" was removed during installation of "LOdev 3.6". Therefore I have expected that the settings were migrated.

In bootstap.ini is
ProductKey=LOdev 3.6
UserInstallation=$SYSUSERCONFIG/LOdev/3

I cannot look in LOdev 3.5 because it was uninstalled. But LOdev 3.6 uses the same "user"-folder. Other things like Basic macros are retained.

 Debug vs. non-debug should not matter. Would be
interesting to know what branch your master build takes in
UserInstall::finalize (desktop/source/app/userinstall.cxx), what
UserInstallStatus it returns, and whether it indeed goes into the
conditional

if (inst_fin == UserInstall::Created)
{
Migration::migrateSettingsIfNecessary();
}

in Desktop::Main (desktop/source/app/app.cxx).

Stephan

Kind regards
Regina