Hello Michael, all,

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 18:06, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@suse.com> wrote:
       At root there is some *serious* badness that crept in here. I'd really
like someone to spend some time to unwind how exactly we managed to
screw up our configure.in -so- badly and it remain un-detected for so
long.

The git history is somehow screwed up.

The commit 9108788fc95f01b032b1cf6773b4d74537e5c2e1:

author: Tor Lillqvist <tlillqvist@novell.com> 2011-05-28 10:05:28 (GMT)
We always need cairo now with librsvg always being used
At least, I think we do... So simplify the tests for it.

removed --enable-cairo on May 2011.

Next, the 54c611fa455fd5e9e8fc711c158085924f47d590:

author: Philipp Lohmann [pl] <Philipp.Lohmann@Oracle.COM> 2011-04-12 18:37:07 (GMT)
committer: Bjoern Michaelsen <bjoern.michaelsen@canonical.com> 2011-06-17 11:51:41 (GMT)
ooo340fixes: #i117804#  differentiate between ENABLE_CAIRO and ENABLE_CAIRO_CANVAS
[hg:e09be3339384]

introduced --enable-cairo-canvas on June 2011. But we still *have*
--enable-cairo in the tree at that time. See
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/configure.in?id=54c611fa455fd5e9e8fc711c158085924f47d590#n205

Last, the 81a1c065fd3c0242efa0273eba0aefeebadcd877:

author: Bjoern Michaelsen <bjoern.michaelsen@canonical.com> 2011-06-19 09:36:52 (GMT)
committer: Bjoern Michaelsen <bjoern.michaelsen@canonical.com> 2011-06-19 09:36:52 (GMT)
Merge branch 'master' into feature/gnumake4

removed --enable-cairo, accidentally with merge (?)
So, we are left with only --enable-cairo-canvas.

Note that currently Linux build configuration still has
--enable-cairo. See
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/distro-configs/LibreOfficeLinux.conf#n40

commit 202557da3c4f1cd57f46a4ba1c9d74e7b4d1c2db
Author: Korrawit Pruegsanusak <detective.conan.1412@gmail.com>
Date:   Sun Aug 28 15:11:26 2011 +0700

   Also build cairo on Windows if directx disabled

The reason behind this patch is at
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2011-August/017228.html

Hope this helps :-)
Best Regards,