On 03/19/2012 09:26 PM, Lubos Lunak wrote:
On Monday 19 of March 2012, David T. Biedrzycki wrote:
There are *many* methods that have already been
removed that are still listed. If we are missing something, please let us
know, otherwise, we have been working on, and have almost finished,
automating a process to remove methods from that file that no longer exist
in the source.

  That will not work reliably, unless your process also verifies that they are
really unused in all configurations. The list is generated from one
configuration and a manual check is needed that each item is indeed unused.

I think you are talking past each other here. David asked about functions listed in unusedcode.easy that are no longer existing in the code base, while Lubos warned against automatically removing functions from the code that are listed in unusedcode.easy.

David, unusedcode.easy is generated afresh rather regularly by Caolan, so should not be too outdated (but there indeed was lots of activity around removing unused code recently, IIRC) -- you can look into its git log to find out how old it currently is.

Stephan