Hi Michael,

Am Freitag, 9. März 2012, 09:51:06 schrieb Michael Meeks:

      for example. In this case you're going to need to read the code I think
to work out what's up. Personally, I loathe the (IMHO brain-damaged)
design choice of using (y, x) instead of (x, y) as all right thinking
people do ;-) but at least you seem to get that right - there are 5
columns.

tabelle->initialize(2, 5);
Reference<XTableColumns> tcols (tabelle->getColumns(), UNO_SET_THROW);
pval <<= tcols->getByIndex(2);

      So I'd read around sw/source/core/unocore/unotbl.cxx in particular:

uno::Any SwXTableColumns::getByIndex(sal_Int32 nIndex)

      And see what is going on there :-)

Last night, after several hours reading the big manual called source code and
reading several comments in the lists reaching back to 2003 I actually found
in sw/source/core/unocore/unotbl.cxx within the function getByIndex() the
coment "!! writer tables do not have columns!!". A little bit mean is, this
function seems to do something maybe useful, but at the end unconditionally
returns an empty XInterface :-(

Thus, my nice idea of creating extending tables in a text probably never will
work...

As a workaround I am now experimenting with text frames to set up a table-like
structure. Seems to work rather nice (although a little bit slow); the only
issue is to force the frames to have an equal height (depending on that frame
containing the highest amount of text). Is there a possibility to obtain the
physical position of a text or whatever cursor on the page?

Thanks,
Helmar