On 02/29/2012 11:49 AM, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
2) I add a const_iterator interface to rtl::OUString. Instead of
    coding it manually to use iterateCodePoints, I again reuse the
    power of boost. But I have in my git history a manually-coded
    version based on iterateCodePoints if for some reason it is
    desirable (I don't think it is).

    That's also more generally a more "C++ natural" interface to
    OUStrings, so we can use it throughout our codebase instead of
    iterateCodePoints.

    I don't define an iterator interface, as this could be *extremely*
    slow: writing one character in the middle of a string is O(n)
    (linear in the length of the string) when replacing a
    surrogates-encoded codepoint by a non-surrogate encoded one and
    vice-versa.
[...]
5) I've stuck the LibreOffice<->Spirit integration in
    svl/source/numbers/spirit/, but possibly we could move it to a more
    general location (sal/rtl?) so that it can be reused in other parts
    of LibreOffice.

Note that the stable sal interface historically stays clear of boost, because of differences in the various boost versions available in the various environments. Also, the SDK does not include any boost headers, so client code that does not even itself make use of boost could stop to compile.

Stephan