On Mon, 2012-02-27 at 16:49 +0200, Noel Grandin wrote:
Is there some easier git-magic available for working on and
re-submitting a patch?

        Oh ! so, if the patch is the latest / top patch on your queue - then
'git commit --amend' will re-write the top commit on the stack - that of
course is quite easy.

Using git-rebase seems incredibly fragile and hacky.

        So - personally, since I don't entirely trust (myself) with the git
tools, I would extract the last 10 patches:

        rm *.patch
        git format-patch HEAD~10
        git reset --hard HEAD~10

        where 10 is as many as you have un-committed ;-) and then I'd edit the
patches you want to and;

        for a in *.patch; git am < $a; done

        or apply all but the one you want to edit and patch -p1 < $a and
continue hacking, or ...

        No doubt git rebase -i makes this all 'easy' but ... ;-)

        having done the reset --hard HEAD~10 you can of course git pull -r to
get to the latest stuff on master & then choose what you re-apply.

        HTH,

                Michael.