On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 12:05 AM, Tor Lillqvist <tml@iki.fi> wrote:
The whole discussion is non-technical. Removing Basic from the product
would not be a technical decision.

Maybe not, but *how* do do it (which is what I ask) is a technical question.

I would find it counter-productive to make the product less useful for
fear that, maybe, Apple would object to it.

Of course anybody is free to submit (once licensing issues have been
resolved, presumably) for App Store review an app based on our code
that *does* include BASIC functionality. It wold be fairly trivial to
replace the current small number of places where $(OS) == "IOS" is
checked with checks for $(DISABLE_INTERPRETERS) == "TRUE" or somesuch
instead.

from a technical point of view that would make more sens: separating
what you are doing (disable interpreter) vs why you are doing it
(ios).

The 'disabling' of interpreter is not technically inherent to IOS, nor
is it necessarily the only platform concerned by it.
(one could imagine someone taking advantage of that to create a 'safe'
version for another platform)

Norbert