On Mon, 2012-02-20 at 11:25 +0100, Xuacu Saturio wrote:
I was about to start working in Asturian Lightproof checker when I was
told our Asturian spellchecker people were working in languagetool.

        :-)

Please, can you tell us which is/will be the default grammar checker
(if any)? It shouldn't be that hard to convert rules, but it's better
to do it now if needed.

        The default checker that is bundled will be lightproof this is
primarily due to the choice of Java for LanguageTool - which gives a
-very- substantial performance hit of the order of a handful of seconds
of non-responsive-ness, as you start typing / interacting with a new
libreoffice process the first time after load. Lightproof is written in
python which we bundle, and is reasonably fast to bootstrap.

        HTH,

                Michael.