On 02/13/2012 06:45 PM, Michael Meeks wrote:
* cppu/inc/cppu/macros.hxx:
        CPPU_GCC3_ALIGN - uh ?

        I assume this should be just CPPU_GCC_ALIGN and with only one
definition in today's world ?

We still need two versions of the define, one for __GNUC__ and one for others. The name can remain CPPU_GCC3_ALIGN IMO---after all, the ABI for that UNO binding is still known as "GCC3" in UNO land.

* sal/inc/rtl/instance.hxx:
        #if (__GNUC__>= 4)

        Do we need all those conditionals ? or do we want a

        #if defined (__GCC__) there ?

Ah no, these should actually be conditional on HAVE_THREADSAFE_STATICS; fixed now as <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=3073b539d28a4ea29347e8060e19dda080c5d13b>.

* sal/inc/sal/config.h

        We have a conditional for SAL_ISO_CONST, but do we ever even use that
thing ? :-) if not, can we just drop it ? breaks source compat, but ...
if we didn't use it ;-)

Yup, guess that can go completely for good.

Stephan