On Friday 10 of February 2012, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
On 02/10/2012 12:18 PM, Lubos Lunak wrote:
  This is sal/, so the library needs to maintain binary compatibility,
does it not? That requires adding the OUString overload rather than
fixing the exiting function. I don't know if the const char* overload
really needs the non-const variant as well, but it's a tiny inline
function, so I added it for the symmetry, just in case.

But these are inline functions, so no (sane) client code should be able
to tell the difference if you sneak in the "const."  In which case I
would just do it and be done with it.

 You're right, I missed that. Since this is a good change on its own, I've
pushed a fix for this.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak@suse.cz