Hi Albert,

At least I get two annoying bugs:
1) The cursor moves In front of the text when the Prefix is reverted.
2) When trying to delete text in the edit box, the last character
sticks (can't be deleted).

Does someone have a clue whats going on?

Hm, no (not a coder I am). But can you check the characters being
typed before displaying them and then just ignore them if they're
illegal? (Or would that create a lag?)

2) FixedLine message
+ Not in-your-face.
- Takes up space
- Only space for short error message

This should be the way to go. Please have a look at the stuff that
Markus did for 3.5:
* core/sc/source/ui/namedlg
* core/sc/source/ui/src/name[def]dlg.src

(The feature can be found under Insert > Names > Manage)
It currently allows only one-liners, expanding that would be highly
welcome, I think. Nevertheless, short error messages are definitely a
plus (just not if they're forced to be short).

Also have a look at the discussions about the feature (and see why
Markus and Christoph didn't like using the system bell -- sorry you'll
have to search for this information):
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice-ux-advise/2011-October/000395.html

The Whiteboard for the feature is here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboard/Calc_Range_Names