On 26/01/12 15:27, Michael Meeks wrote:
        Gosh; I'd rather like to know why the explicit code to sort it to the
front was there in the first instance.

The code was there because that detector is catch-all it will in a certain branch simply not allow anything to be detected any more, so we actually want it to be put at the end, so that it still detects the stuff that other did not detect.

        Beyond potentially busting lots of other random import filters it looks
fine ;-) Have you tested all the nasty corner cases:

        .csv text saved with a .xls extension etc. etc. ?

I tested with .csv with .xls extension too. It works and is detected as .csv and the import dialogue fires up.

I tested with some extension-less ole-based files, WP? files and with extension-less text files.

All worked well

Fridrich