On Wednesday 25 of January 2012, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
On 01/25/2012 12:04 PM, Lubos Lunak wrote:
if I wanted to get all those useless duplicates of replies to my
mails, I would have said so.

This might be a controversial issue.  While I too feel I don't require
to receive a personal to/cc in a response to a mail I sent to the list,
I already got (indirect) complaint that people did not notice my replies
to their mails-to-list when I sent the reply to the list only.  So, I
got into the habit of reply-all.

 Well, I can start complaining about the extra copies whenever I get one if
that helps anything :).

 There exists http://cr.yp.to/proto/replyto.html , which should help with
this. There's of course the usual problem of some mail clients not bothering
to support useful functionality, but if the reply-to-munging-harmful crowd
can waive that argument off, I don't see why the same couldn't be done here.

 Besides, there's the much simpler way of getting the copy by making a filter
rule on "In-Reply-To:.*<email>*".

 Another reason is that this gives everybody a choice whether they want the
extra copy or not, whereas reply-to-all forces everybody to get the duplicate
(and the filter-it-out suggestion is ridiculous, what if somebody really
explicitly also CC-ed me e.g. because it's urgent?).

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak@suse.cz