Hi Martin,

On Tue, 2012-01-24 at 16:22 +0100, Martin Richard wrote:
I'm hacking the cross-platform filepicker (in fpicker/source/office).
I added a "Places" (bookmarks) list on the left and I would like to
save the entries that the user bookmarked .

        Great.

Cedric Bosdonnat told me to look at xcu and xcs files, but I'm a bit
lost. I'm looking for a code sample where user's persistent
configuration is manipulated (read and written) and/or anything that
can be usefull, like search keywords, links to old threads in the
mailing list, which would help me to identify some good practices
(naming conventions, for instance).

        Naming conventions is a suck & see :-) look for something that seems
related, and put it next to it.

        The schemas (XML description of settings and their defaults) live in
officecfg/

        If you do:

        git grep -3 ExperimentalMode

        you should get a manageable set of hits for a single config setting. I
don't think you'll easily be able to use the nice new syntax that
Stephan created:

if (officecfg::Office::Common::Misc::ExperimentalMode::get(
comphelper::getProcessComponentContext() ))

        style - since you want a list of items: which is (I'm afraid) harder to
do, you'll most likely have to use a twistier UNO API to access the
configmgr/ implementation, and may have more fun with the schemas :-)

        Hope that helps,

                Michael.