Hi Stefan, all

All we should need is localised versions of key names like Ctrl, Del,
Ins (that are on almost every keyboard [1], but whose names can
change) and global versions of key names for
alphanumeric/script-specific keys (which might not be on every
keyboard, but whose names are the same internationally).
So, looking at the code, we'd need to just move the keyboard language
specific data to the specific locales. This also seems a lot more
scalable than for every localiser having to ask a developer to add
their native keys into this code.

That would be too simple. See my example in the previous email.
You would need to match the keys for EACH keyboard model, regardless of
Locale.

This is particularly true for laptops (at least in Portugal...). All
laptops sold in Portugal have a Portuguese layout but the Special keys
(like Ctrl, Alt, Insert) have the English text. Obviously manufacturers do
this to save on producing specific keys. So Locale doesn't solve the
problem.

Regards,
Pedro