Hello Noel,

2012/1/13 Noel Power <nopower@suse.com>:
Hi Guys,

We have a bug here in the suse system that highlights a regression
attempting to resolve a range by name. Note: this is not a problem on
master.

the failing macro code is something like so;

Sub test
   ProjectPlanSheet = ThisComponent.Sheets.getByName( "ProjectPlan" )
   chkCellControl = ProjectPlanSheet.getCellRangeByName( "TASK3_ON" )
End Sub

where "TASK3_ON" is a document global rangename

after some digging the commits on master that seem to be involved are
e9159d142a4f25bff88da3dd90e163135ae0bdfa &
9e8ae1d56076474e4673a953d8ebd726cb5daa18

I attach a backport of these patches ( in so far as I could backport them
with at times quite different code base )

Note: for this bug the patch to rangeutl.cxx seems sufficient, I backported
the rest for completeness. I want to sound you both out about applying the
patch either partially ( e.g. just the rangeutl.cxx part ) or even
completely to 3.4 or... even find out if ye considered either version too
risky.

I think it makes sense to remove the findByName and replace them with
findByUpperName. The findByName is error-prone and therefore I removed
it for 3-5, internally we only use upper name (and in 3.5 we use it
even to store the range name). I will clean-up your patch a bit
because some changes to rangeutl.cxx only make sense with other
changes in master/3.5.

But before we push this changes to a stable branch I want to check
with backporting the tests from 3.5 to 3.4 and check my other range
name commits from my rework that I did not adjust one of these
patches. Just to make it clear, I don't think that this patch will
create any problems and is safe but I don't feel comfortable changing
such an important part without the tests.

Markus