Stephan Bergmann píše v Čt 12. 01. 2012 v 11:37 +0100:
On 11/11/2011 09:36 AM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
On 10/26/2011 09:00 PM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
But today I had to find out that even a single invocation of the
sw/qa_complex test internally starts multiple soffice instances in a
row, and coming back to a multi-hour valgrind run of that test all I got
was a most unhelpful valgrind.log for a single soffice invocation.

This feature turns out to be a real productivity problem for me after
all. Petr, can you please re-consider whether it is really too much to
ask your clients to type

Ah, I am sorry for the troubles. I have somehow missed this mail. You
probably did not keep me in CC and I overlooked it on the mailing
list :-(

VALGRIND=memcheck soffice 2>valgrind.log

instead of

VALGRIND=memcheck soffice

Removed that feature now, after yet another round of frustrations.
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=4f00cdfec54a574e25f47dab2f65b299ea64ec73>

I think that the main problem is that valgrind is invoked two ways,
either by exporting the variable VALGRIND or using the --valgrind option

The variable was introduced to make debugging easier when running unit-
and subsequent-test. The option was introduced for normal users.

What about the following solution:

+ print log on the standart output when invoking via the variable
+ print to valgrind.log when using the --valgrind option

Would it fit your needs?

Best Regards,
Petr

PS: I wonder why I did not get this idea earlier.