On 01/11/2012 06:51 PM, Keith McRae wrote:
    Trying a full build resulted in "undefined reference to
    SvStream::operator>>(long&)" in svl/ vcl/ and svtools/ (so far). As
    most of these errors are the result of trying to (de)serialize Pair
    derived classes, I'm now wondering whether it may be a good idea to
    change the troublesome members of these classes to sal_ types?

A quick hack and attempt at build tells me that would be a complete
nightmare! I'll leave that until I'm more familiar with the code :-)

"these classes" being the ones deriving from Pair? Yes, probably easiest to keep the changes from long etc. to sal_ as localized as possible, even if that means the clean up of the surrounding code still needs to be done.

One way to highlight those "intermediate" conversions is to use sal::static_int_cast (sal/types.hxx). That potentially helps to flag those conversions in the code that can be removed again when all code consistently uses the sal_ types.

Stephan