Hi Cedric, all,

On 2012-01-05 at 17:06 +0100, Cedric Bosdonnat wrote:

I'm all for it, but the following commits are fixing some side-effects
or UI weird things on this thread:

Thank you! :-)

Show the page break tab under the mouse instead of the end of the line.
That fixes the UI problems mentioned in this thread.
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=5807b07161d84ef105cc1a2292c8c1f09888e39f
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=965e72d64c3e38780a69cace3f1bcc5fb35d6c1e
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=a0fa723ed5761609d2c31061fdd0282a2f1df6e7
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=3a326395a48db313b907b4a35392216d7b2e2a11

Fixes for your commits:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=fef489ad0f1f14bd9f018552c47a93a80e8b353d
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=b7d6bff10a85986e5e6ebfa961f29fa8b3815b40

3 more commits; the most important is bringing back the delay before
appearing of the controls (500ms instead of 1s):

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=6abeafcd6a409c0910b19d1c935fe08431d66ae0
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=aa3bfbe776bcefd7e7b143e6843315df6b2a5ecb
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=60c968e9a2ef14aa289e677bd7f40d2c4724fd12

I hope / believe it is perfect now; or at least near to perfection :-)
It also seems to me that the appearing when you use keyboard to navigate
is gone too; but testing appreciated, of course.

So - do we want to get it into 3.5? ;-)

Kendy promised to fix the blinking and other potential issues in next
builds.

Otherwise, many people liked and wanted the feature: Cedric, Michael,
Cor, Astron, Ivan => I have pushed the two original commits and the 9
above mentioned fixes into libreoffice-3-5 branch for 3.5.0-beta3.

See also
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?h=libreoffice-3-5&id=77ec56689230606281c60b945f3d5edc1e97d7f7
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?h=libreoffice-3-5&id=cdd2364f23f92a3f63a551aa883b99cadf0bcf28
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?h=libreoffice-3-5&id=d3ea6fe7473049f421c1f72cde4bbd5c4c6348a9