Hi Cedric, all,

On 2012-01-05 at 17:06 +0100, Cedric Bosdonnat wrote:

I'm all for it, but the following commits are fixing some side-effects
or UI weird things on this thread:

Thank you! :-)

Show the page break tab under the mouse instead of the end of the line.
That fixes the UI problems mentioned in this thread.
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=5807b07161d84ef105cc1a2292c8c1f09888e39f
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=965e72d64c3e38780a69cace3f1bcc5fb35d6c1e
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=a0fa723ed5761609d2c31061fdd0282a2f1df6e7
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=3a326395a48db313b907b4a35392216d7b2e2a11

Fixes for your commits:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=fef489ad0f1f14bd9f018552c47a93a80e8b353d
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=b7d6bff10a85986e5e6ebfa961f29fa8b3815b40

3 more commits; the most important is bringing back the delay before
appearing of the controls (500ms instead of 1s):

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=6abeafcd6a409c0910b19d1c935fe08431d66ae0
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=aa3bfbe776bcefd7e7b143e6843315df6b2a5ecb
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=60c968e9a2ef14aa289e677bd7f40d2c4724fd12

I hope / believe it is perfect now; or at least near to perfection :-)
It also seems to me that the appearing when you use keyboard to navigate
is gone too; but testing appreciated, of course.

Hmmm, well, for me (Gnome 3.2, gnome-shell, Ubuntu 11.10 x86_64) the
button blinks under the mouse pointer until it leaves the page break,
then it is visible.
If you are lucky, you may succeed to get the dropdown menu when clicking
the blinking button.

Best regards.
JBF