On Mon, 2012-01-02 at 22:23 +0100, Cor Nouws wrote:
Hi Eike,

Eike Rathke wrote (02-01-12 22:18)
On Wednesday, 2011-12-28 17:18:02 +0100, Cor Nouws wrote:

But that does not change the title bar of the window?

It does, but apparently only in an --enable-dbgutil build. Sorry for
confusion ;-)

Another learning moment, thanks for that ;-)

Harrumph.

On linux, commit id 5436f57 (pulled yesterday) built with
--enable-dbgutil seems not to honour a change to
ProductSource in versionrc.  A change to node Product >
ooName > value in file
solver/350/unxlngi6/installation/opt/share/registry/brand.xcd
(which used to work, and then stopped working) once again
changes the text in the title bar.  Meanwhile, my old notes
say that "the same" node in
solver/unxlngi6/installation/opt/share/registry/brand.xcd
worked in October, 2011 but not in November; I have not
tried it lately.

This question seems to come up every few months, so it seems
I am not alone in often running the version of LibreOffice
that comes with my distribution at the same time I work on a
newer version.  It just happens that "How To Build LibreOffice"
<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/How_to_build>
already has a section "Multiple Work Dirs", and that would
seem to be a good place to say how to change the title bar.
But ...

(*) Consistent behaviour in this respect then would become a
    feature to be maintained.  Does a reduction in questions
    to this list justify the maintenance burden?

(*) I only know my own observations (and I worry that even
    there I might be confused), so updating the wiki will
    take some attention (a little? a lot?) from somebody who
    knows more than I do.  Is it worth it?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Terry.