On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 02:21:45PM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
      My hope of course, is that as we finish gbuild, and move our solver to
look ever more like an install set, it'll get easier and less hacky to
run these unit tests; eg. with your nice 'services' work, we could even
install the .component files into services/ directly into the build tree
it seems to me.

My hope would be that once we are completely on gbuild, we could make gbuild
(including tests) relying only on WORKDIR, not on OUTDIR/solver. The only
reason to keep OUTDIR around would be that scp2 doesnt understand anything
else. Then we could either:
- make scp2 pack from WORKDIR and forget about solver
- or replace scp2 with something sane
"something sane" could be something in gbuild that populates a installset while
building (i.e. a new OUTDIR, that incedentally looks like an install)

Best,

Bjoern