On Sat, 2011-12-17 at 11:13 -0600, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
concat-deps.pl had become a horrible cpu hogs

        Ooh :-)

that replace it with a c-version that is about 15 times faster (cpu
wise) - which translated to a gain of up to 90 seconds on the elapsed
of tail_build alone in my tests.

        Thanks ! :-) wow, we have some huge .d files. The thing I like about
this is that it provides a great base to do more work there, to help
generate intermediate rules to squash those dependencies down a lot
more.

concat-deps.c is built in ./bootstrap. it is a one liner, line 78 at
this time. If you comment that line out and do the change above you
are exactly back to the way it worked before...

        Looks really nice FWIW, a pleasant read :-)

        Thanks !

                Michael.