On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Christian Lohmaier
<lohmaier+libreoffice@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hi *,

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@suse.com> wrote:
QA awesome git bibi fun (Bjoern)
[...]
       + Norbert to investigate it working on Mac, will it bloat up
               + have to copy images, not DMGs

<nitpick>DMGs are the images (disk images, similar to a iso, i.e. an
in-file filesystem) - so one has to use the extracted version / the
version before it gets packed. </nitpick>
Smoketests already creates such a flat tree, but it is also easy to
mount the image and copy the files from the mounted image.
(Installation on Mac works by simply copying the files from the dmg to
any folder on your harddisk)

yes that is what I meant during the call... we may get better git
compression by using the content of the mounted dmg rather than
committing the dmg itself (*)...
but then... number will talk ultimately... I'll experiment with both
and compare :-)

Norbert

(*) git should have a easier time to find redundancies across build that way.