Hi there,

On Thu, 2011-12-15 at 18:01 +0100, Michael Stahl wrote:
well that of course would be the case if the dependencies in the test
makefile were complete.  which they apparently are not.  which is in no
way obvious.  which is my point.

        Hah :-) so - one thing that I wondered about ... is - is it possible
that our gnumake dependencies on .component files do not include
dependencies to the libraries they are for ? such that we can build and
install the .component file - without having the library already
installed alongside it ? that would seem to be suggested by the need to
add this explicit dep on the hwp library in the .mk file - which can't
scale across modules. Do we need to have that added to
gb_Library_set_componentfile ? [1]

        Another thing that interests me is whether there could be a race
between the workdir and solver instances of various things; presumably
we depend on the solver versions though.

        Wrt. the non-uno pieces I took a look at the ucb/ucp d.lst and it
certainly installs the dll/.so stuff before the .component files in the
list - which look hopeful on that account (same for configmgr).

    Seemingly tail_build depends on fpicker which depends on ucb - so the
ucb1, ucbfile1 components should be in-place.

and i have already wasted half an hour looking at the libraries the darn
thing loads and couldn't find anything obvious that was missing...

        Right :-) I had a go too - nothing too obvious for the specific hwp
case; annoying really.

        HTH,

                Michael.

[1] - I'm just a gnumake newbie of course :-)