Hi Andras

Thank you for your quick and enlightening reply!

LibreOffice 3.5 will not unpack anything to desktop. But we can't
change the past... :)

Fair enough :)

You can check what's included and what's not, when you visit
for example http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/log/?qt=range&q=4f11d0a
Those magic numbers in About box are git commit IDs.

Aha! I knew they meant something :) But that was the first block of
characters from the About box. How do I know if that version is the
same as e.g. master~2011-12-02_22.36.35_libodev35.exe???

It is not possible to bump a build number each time a build is
produced, because many people produce builds, not only one central
build server.

Yes. That makes sense. But build or sub-build is bumped each there is
a new commit, right? Can't this simply be a 7 digit number instead of
4f11d0a? Or increase the digit number to 10. Or parse it as blocks of
5 digits... Anything that a human brain can understand...

And keep that same code in the build name, the about box, etc

Please?