On Fri, 2011-12-02 at 10:25 +0100, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
The list of fixed bugs in this release is here:
 http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/src/bugfixes-master-release-3.5.0.0.log

 (warning, monstrous list - a lot has happened since April)

        So - I assume this is generated from a git log command. Unfortunately
the onegit merge makes it ~impossible to get a sane git log from our
previous release tags. As you go over the mergepoint we end up with all
the merged commits from the other branches :-)

        Luckily, I spent quite some time fixing this already for our commit
statistics (which were also busted by this). So
gitdm-config/analyse_commits has a chunk of perl that:

        * fetches git notes
        * parses all note comments to find the per repo. merge
          revisions.
        * runs log commands between the relevant tags
          per repository from each repo's start-point[1]
          to the pre-merge-point, and from post-mergepoint to now

        It is not entirely trivial ;-) it's prolly worth taking the above list
down until we have something more accurate, which may take some time.

        HTH,

                Michael.

[1] - adapting analyse_commits to work only on log messages, and to work
instead from a repo-specific version tag on each branch is prolly fairly
trivial