On 01/12/11 20:04, Eike Rathke wrote:
Hi Michael,

On Wednesday, 2011-11-30 18:45:31 +0100, Michael Stahl wrote:

On 30/11/11 12:10, Eike Rathke wrote:
Also fixed the misrepresentation of years<1000 with less than 4 digits

we did that? oops. i didn't know that...

Yup.. which made we wonder why we have two implementations for that, one
in sax and one in offxml unit converter.

actually it used to be the case that the one in sax is a copy paste of
the SvXMLUnitconverter, but i cleaned that up a couple of months ago.
now the remainder of SvXMLUnitconverter is stuff that cannot be moved to
sax module as-is, because it depends on e.g. the tools horror, or it
uses members of SvXMLUnitConverter; don't know which applies to the
double/datetime conversion.

+ // A leading ^+ is NOT invalid, ISO 8601 specifies this for explicit AD/CE.

for ODF the normative reference is W3C XMLSchema, and its lexical
representation does not allow +YYYY:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#date

oops, indeed.. the joy of standards..

but i don't object to adding that as an extension to the import, though
it makes it more difficult to detect if somebody breaks the export by
adding a '+'  :)

I don't insist on keeping the ^+ thing in, maybe it's better to remove
that part and check for W3C compliance. I'm unbiased there.

hmm... even ODF 1.0 referred to XMLSchema;
i've taken a quick look at the OOoXML format:
http://xml.openoffice.org/xml_specification.pdf

but that doesn't seem to mention where the datatypes are from...

perhaps we don't import anything with ISO8601 dates?
(i'm assuming that OOXML has its own date format re-invented from
scratch, like everything else and with special support for 1900-02-29 :)