Le Sat, 19 Nov 2011 19:02:56 +0100, julien2412 <serval2412@yahoo.fr> a écrit:

Hello,

I'm trying to compile on Windows Vista (usually I compile without pb on a
Debian testing) and had error messages :
checking the Perl version... checked (perl 5)
checking for required Perl modules... all modules found
checking for a friendly Microsoft C/C++ compiler installation path... Can't
find MS Visual Studio / VC++ at ./oowintool line 188.
cygpath: can't convert empty path
cygpath: can't convert empty path

checking for mspdb80.dll... no
checking for mspdb100.dll... no
checking the Microsoft C/C++ Compiler... checking for cl.exe... no
cygpath: can't convert empty path
cygpath: can't convert empty path
configure: error: Microsoft C/C++ Compiler not found. Use --with-cl-home or
set path to cl.exe.
Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 157.

I took a look at oowintool, the pb is cygwin doesn't map all the
/proc/registry.
For example, there's nothing there :
/proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/VCExpress

If you use Express 2010, the key is in HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
I don't know for Vista 32, but seven 64 has no shortnames for Program files paths with spaces (default install), so it is a pity. Either reinstall Express in a non-spaced dir, or prepare to hack the autogen/configure/oowintool chain. Providing paths with space event on the autogen/configure commands does not help, since stuff in there is not set to handle spaces. I am currently working on it but it is not that simple and time is very hard to get for now.

And there's nothing cause permissions aren't ok :
ls -l /proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/
d---------  1      400    401 0 Nov 19 18:53 VBExpress
d---------  1      400    401 0 Nov 19 18:53 VCExpress
d---------  1      400    401 0 Nov 19 18:53 VCSExpress
But I can't succeed in adding +rx on these directories. When I look at
authorizations on Windows registry, it's the same as Mediaplayer which
appears like this on Cygwin :
dr-x------  3 SYSTEM   SYSTEM 0 Sep  2  2009 MediaPlayer

Weird.

Mathias