Hello,

I'm trying to compile on Windows Vista (usually I compile without pb on a
Debian testing) and had error messages :
checking the Perl version... checked (perl 5)
checking for required Perl modules... all modules found
checking for a friendly Microsoft C/C++ compiler installation path... Can't
find MS Visual Studio / VC++ at ./oowintool line 188.
cygpath: can't convert empty path
cygpath: can't convert empty path

checking for mspdb80.dll... no
checking for mspdb100.dll... no
checking the Microsoft C/C++ Compiler... checking for cl.exe... no
cygpath: can't convert empty path
cygpath: can't convert empty path
configure: error: Microsoft C/C++ Compiler not found. Use --with-cl-home or
set path to cl.exe.
Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 157.

I took a look at oowintool, the pb is cygwin doesn't map all the
/proc/registry.
For example, there's nothing there :
/proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/VCExpress
And there's nothing cause permissions aren't ok :
ls -l /proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/
d---------  1      400    401 0 Nov 19 18:53 VBExpress
d---------  1      400    401 0 Nov 19 18:53 VCExpress
d---------  1      400    401 0 Nov 19 18:53 VCSExpress
But I can't succeed in adding +rx on these directories. When I look at
authorizations on Windows registry, it's the same as Mediaplayer which
appears like this on Cygwin :
dr-x------  3 SYSTEM   SYSTEM 0 Sep  2  2009 MediaPlayer

I've googled a little but found nothing which explains why the mapping isn't
complete but found there was a tool regtool on Cygwin which can read (and
write) directly the Windows registry. (it uses "\" for directory separator)
So I thought it could be useful to change the reg functions of oowin :
like reg_get_value($)

Pb is regtool doesn't allow the search of the key and I'm not sure mixing
regtool to get a key and Cygwin reg function
would be a good option.

The last thing : for those who can compile on Windows, how do you manage to
make all these things work ?
(I suppose/I hope you don't pass manually all the paths by autogen options)

Any opinion welcome here :-)

Julien.

PS : I tried mingw but using openSuse packages on my Debian is definitely an
option I don't want to.