Stephan Bergmann wrote (18-11-11 11:28)
On 11/17/2011 10:37 PM, Cor Nouws wrote:
Stephan Bergmann wrote (17-11-11 09:02)
On 11/11/2011 11:12 AM, Cor Nouws wrote:

Is included in the patch, that when a encrypted document is opened in
3.4.n and saved again, people are informed about the change in
encryption?

No.

I see. When you modify and save an encrypted document, you are not asked
for the password again, So to the user that does not appear like a "save
afresh as an encrypted document" (in which case I would consider it
plausible that the document is silently saved with the 3.4 encryption
mechanism) but more like a plain "update existing stored document."

Thanks for this clarification. Even better this way.

Not sure we're not talking past each other here. My clarification is
meant to clarify that yes, the patch leaves us with a somewhat
unfortunate result.

So I have to interpret it as:
 an encrypted document from 3.5 opened in 3.4 will be saved
 with the old encryption, without notice?

(My initial understanding was that it would be saved with the new encryption..)

(I was already thinking of a clear message for the release notes, but
that's superfluous now.)

You mean, superfluous to think of a clear message yourself, or
superfluous to include a message in the release notes?

The last. But apparently a message is needed...

--
 - Cor
 - http://nl.libreoffice.org