Noel Power <nopower@suse.com> wrote:
(14/11/2011 16:46)

[...]

Personally I am not a ui or vcl person so I only pushed the final couple
of hunks relating to fixing the colour selection.

Thanks for reviewig!

But you seem to have
done a great job getting into drawing stuff ( as you can see that code
needs quite some love ). From what I can see both looking at the code
and what I could find in the running system with the patch applied ( and
you mention it yourself ) the size some of the symbols is quite
different, for example both the SYMBOL_ARROW_XXX & SYMBOL_SPIN_XXX ones
are noticeably bigger/thicker. To my untrained eye that makes at least
the scrollbar symbols uglier as they look even more off centre than they
previously were ( as the arrow head is now nearer the 3d shadow ) but...
my opinion here is as I said highly dubious. I cc Michael who hopefully
might know who to help with this

This could be due to differences in code (for some widgets drawing
area was reduced twice, I thought it was a bug) or in linux distro
(I'm on kubuntu 11.10 with gtk theme engine and scrollbars arrows do
not seem to be drawn by LO, for example arrows of horizontal bar just
look like < and >, different from the full arrow drawn by Docuview).
Any suggestion on a LO configuration to have "native" drawing or on a
reference distro to use for LO development would be highly
appreciated.

* There are still other cleanups that can be done in that code, but I
  would like to have some feedback before working on them. For example,
  this patch could include too many changes.
very true and this is a wise approach I think.

Thanks for you contribution, its looks really worthwhile, I am sure
someone with knowledge in this area will attend this patch very soon.

Looking forward for suggestions, and thanks again.
In the meanwhile I'll try a new approach to size estimation.

Noel