On 13/11/11 18:54, Matteo Casalin wrote:
Hi everybody,
my name's Matteo and this is my first contribution [attempt] to this wonderful piece of work, besides "spreading the word".
welcome !!
The attached patch does a little code cleanup in Docuview::DrawSymbol function and its helper, reducing local variables and calls to "real" draw functions.
Please note that:
* the results of reworked code was not fully tested, since I really
  don't know were all of those symbols are drawn, but those that I was
  able to verify look OK to me;
* There were some inconsistencies in symbol size evaluation, I chose
  one approach but it could be not the best or correct one;
Personally I am not a ui or vcl person so I only pushed the final couple of hunks relating to fixing the colour selection. But you seem to have done a great job getting into drawing stuff ( as you can see that code needs quite some love ). From what I can see both looking at the code and what I could find in the running system with the patch applied ( and you mention it yourself ) the size some of the symbols is quite different, for example both the SYMBOL_ARROW_XXX & SYMBOL_SPIN_XXX ones are noticeably bigger/thicker. To my untrained eye that makes at least the scrollbar symbols uglier as they look even more off centre than they previously were ( as the arrow head is now nearer the 3d shadow ) but... my opinion here is as I said highly dubious. I cc Michael who hopefully might know who to help with this
* There are still other cleanups that can be done in that code, but I
  would like to have some feedback before working on them. For example,
  this patch could include too many changes.
very true and this is a wise approach I think.

Thanks for you contribution, its looks really worthwhile, I am sure someone with knowledge in this area will attend this patch very soon.

Noel