On 11/08/2011 10:29 PM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
Given that SolidMarkHandles is listed in com.sun.star.text.ViewSettings,
it is unclear to me whether it should indeed be removed?

From private replies I received, I gather that the above was probably not phrased clearly enough to get my point across. Let me rephrase: "As class SwXViewSettings (sw/source/ui/uno/unomod.cxx) claims it
supports UNO service com.sun.star.text.ViewSettings, and that
published service contains a SolidMarkHandles property, I do not think
it is sound to remove support for it from SwXViewSettings towards LibO
3.5 (instead of, say, a potentially incompatible LibO 4)."

An alternative, if SolidMarkHandles is really useless, bogus, and---with sufficiently high probability---not used by any external clients, would be to remove it from the published UNO API for LibO 3.5 (making it technically incompatible, but in a way that---hopefully---nobody notices). I gather that this alternative is already discussed (off this list) and that Tim's patch posted to this thread would just achieve that.

Stephan