Hi Eike

Thanks for taking my suggestion into consideration :-)

I agree that the dialog's current message maybe isn't the best. A new
string however should somehow describe that when the question is
answered with yes then
* all content of to be merged cells will be removed
* all content will be concatenated
* this new concatenated content will be placed into the first cell of
  the merged cells

"merge contents of all cells" lacks information
I agree.

"Should the contents of all merged cells be concatenated and moved into
the first cell?"
What do you think?
It's better than the first string but :
* When you talk about "merged cells" the cells haven't been merged yet
so I think "cells" or "selected cells" or "to be merged cells" would be
better.
* You talk about the "the first cell" which is the top left cell, but
that's not obvious for every users...
I think it would be better to say "merged cell" since the first cell
will became the merged cell at the end.
If you don't like this idea, I think at least it should be mentioned
that the first cell is the top left one.

the merged cell?" better ?

What do you think?

Thank you.

Maxime de Roucy