On 11/09/2011 11:30 AM, Yifan Jiang wrote:
I was create more Language Dependent Testing Cases in our Litmus manual test
cases management tool, and the items appended are some fields I ever
concerned. Would you help share your ideas and the areas you are concerning
which has a need of regression testing :) Thanks!

The following might be of interest here: The configuration data contains a few modules that are intended to be only included in installation sets for specific locales. The respective configuration settings are apparently deemed correct and/or relevant only for those locales. (The way this is solved, those settings would of course take effect in each locale in the given installation set, in case the installation set supports multiple locales.) But I'm not sure those are prone for regressions, so have no idea whether it is worth to have manual tests for them.

korea.xcd enables the AutoCorrect - ReplaceSingleQuote setting (which is otherwise disabled by default). This is apparently designed to be enabled in a Korean locale.

ctl.xcd sets the .../I18N/CTL/CTLFont configuration property to true---no idea what effect that is supposed to have. Similarly ctlseqcheck.xcd sets all the .../I18N/CTL/CTLSequenceChecking, .../I18N/CTL/CTLSequenceCheckingRestricted, and .../I18N/CTL/CTLSequenceCheckingTypeAndReplace configuration properties to true. These are apparently designed to be enabled in locales using complex text layout.

Similarly, cjk.xcd sets various .../CJK configuration properties to true (VerticalText, VerticalCallOut, Ruby, JapaneseFind, EmphasisMarks, DoubleLines, CJKFont, ChangeCaseMap, and AsianTypography; I assume those configuration properties control whether the corresponding settings are made available in the UI for configuration under "Tools - Options..."). It also sets to false the Writer-specific configuration property .../AutoFunction/Completion/Enable (and again, I have no idea what effect that is supposed to have).

Stephan