Hi Matt,

On Tue, 2011-11-01 at 22:58 -0600, Matt Pratt wrote:
this post struck a chord with me:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201110.mbox/%3C1319628345.22078.111.camel%40linux-yjtf.site%3E
So here I am with me first contribution.

        Awesome ! :-) thanks so much for getting involved, it is encouraging
indeed.

I was thinking of an easy hack, but I had to submit a brief summary
recently where word count was limited and it was a pain to have to
continuously open the word count dialog.

        this is a highly requested feature by all and sundry, so you just made
a lot of people very happy. Speaking of which - it'd be great to people
know by updating:

        http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/3.5

        with your name, and a short description - so you get proper credit come
release time :-)

I thought it would be easier than it turned out to be, and
expect some changes may need to be made, but here it is, a
fix for a 6 year old bug.

        Brilliant; as I say lots of end-user requests for it, and journalists
love it no doubt. Do you have plans for other things ? One thing that
would prolly make people even happier would be the ability to dock the
window - I believe an SfxDockingWindow as a parent may help[1]. Of
course, to do that it'd be necessary (or useful) to make the dialog
re-size - which'd chuck you into the unpleasant world of VCL and it's
lack of layout containers - the fall-back being to manually move and
re-nail-down the widgets as the dialog re-sizes ;-) [ somewhat hair
raising ].

        Anyhow - like Caolan it was great to see it in action; and even not
noticeably hurting interactive performance on multi-hundred page
documents.

        Great work,

                Michael.

[1] - The StyleList dialog (usually shown by the far left button on
bottom toolbar in writer behaves like this, git grep DLG_STYLE_DESIGNER
or the color palette drop-downs from the toolbar do something similar
(but strangely differently title-wise)