Hi Arno,

        Bother, I replied privately - but again for the list:

On Fri, 2011-09-23 at 23:10 -0500, Arno Teigseth wrote:
1) I submitted a patch and it got through in september. How do I know
which is the release it goes into? The next one? 3.5? 3.4.4?

        3.5 is the next release, the roadmap is here:

        http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan

        your nice fix will be in that.

I'd like to know so that my next extension release can get the correct
dependency.

        Sure - so if it is small and back-portable, we should put it into
3.4.<next> but you'd need to post a patch with a [REVIEW 3-4] Subject
line + description and the patch for a 2nd review before we'd merge that
into 3.4.

I wonder how grammar is dealt with? Languagetool? The languagetool
packages I've built have all been "all-in-one" packages, with a bunch
of languages supported (good idea when it comes to false friends
rules, bad idea when it comes to the mentioned dialog...)

        Ho hum; the LanguageTool stuff -should- really be built-in and shipped
with the product IMHO. Unfortunately it depends on Java which makes it
horribly slow to start-up - I've seen several seconds of bootstrap time
on fast machines stopping people editing their impress slides, i've seen
an 8 second delay for first-typing in 'calc' and so on.

        Ideally, we would have someone who could put some cycles into doing a
Java -> C++ port of LanguageTool.

Or does LO introduce some own kind of grammar checking?

        We rely on LanguageTool.

        Thanks !

                Michael.