Hi Eike,
Thanks for the explanation and the correction. I misinterpreted the meaning.
Best regards,
Juan Pablo

El 06/09/2011 2:22, Eike Rathke escribió:
Hi Juan,

On Monday, 2011-09-05 23:03:04 +0200, Juan Pablo Martínez Cortés wrote:

Yes, they were intentional.  At least, I copied the way it was done
in other languages of Spain, see for instance
http://www.it46.se/localegen/locale/1207308973_es_ES.xml  .
The generated data files are not always a reference, they are not
reviewed and seldomly updated with corrected versions. For what's
available in LibO see
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/i18npool/source/localedata/data/es_ES.xml

I guess the reason of changing the type is that in Spanish, as well
as in other languages of Spain, the double quotation marks  “ ”  are
the most widely used, and the single ones ‘ ’ are much less used.
That's a misconception. Quotation(Start|End) define single quotes,
DoubleQuotation(Start|End) define double quotes. They are used in
replacements for ' and " when activated under
Tools ->  AutoCorrect Options ->  Localized Options

The es_ES.xml also defines Time100SecSeparator identical to
DecimalSeparator ',' comma. I'll change that accordingly for an_ES.

   Eike