Le 02/09/11 18:05, Lionel Elie Mamane a écrit :

Hi again,

So, I wanted to check whether it is policy that SDBC drivers must
accept ODBC escapes in SQL strings (and the PostgreSQL SDBC driver
will have to be changed so that it does), or whether there would be
interest in me gradually changing LibreOffice to *not* use
ODBC-specific escapes. For example, instead of using an SQL query
prepared on the fly, using a prepared statement and using (interface
XParameters) e.g. setDate / setTime / setTimestamp to insert the
values in a "compatible with all databases" way. This would have the
advantage to making LO more compatible with eventual other databases
that do not support the ODBC escapes.

Might this also have an impact on Basic macros, which currently have to
convert Basic com.sun.star.util.Date used as a date variable into
something that the XParameter setDate can understand because the two are
not the same ?

Alex